during my 11th hour at the library.
Have I exclaimed how much I love the state library?
Technically, the level of conduciveness of the campus libraries should make up for the tuition fee (a lofty sum i say) my parents pay, right?
I’m sorry to say that the very public, FOC and affiliation-free state library beats any campus library hands down.
The high, slightly dome-shaped ceiling opens up the study area at the state library while the claustrophobic cubicles at the LRC makes me feel like punching anyone that starts whispering or flipping their papers furiously. Although I myself am guilty of that.
The soft sun rays pierce through the semi-transparent frosted glass panes that make up the middle of the gigantic ceiling, lighting up the entire area. I don’t even mind when the sunlight dims and lights up again when a cloud passes by. It feels like someone meddling with the switch to adjust the intensity of a fluorescent light.
I like how the rows of tables are connected but the person next to you can have a million books sprea out, but still not cross your personal space.
I don’t even feel that the other person is starring at my concentrated prune-of-a-face, my eyebrows contracted to form a frown.
I don’t even mind the constant clacking of heels of non-rubber soles on the parquet floor. It reverberates off the ceiling and walls into a soft, distant presence. So I know I’m not alone. It’s like when you don’t want to be distracted by a friend or any noise they make but this is okay because most likely you won’t be dying to talk to a stranger that just wants to browse through some books at the public library.
I think all that cramping (4 subjects) has gotten to me. Even the library can make me go on and on…
But today, the day before all hell breaks lose (15th,16th,20th,21st), I’m at the law library aka the LRC (which I thought meant library reading corner when mel messaged me) with the supertoot, smelly and sanne where all 3 are studying harder for their LAST AND FINAL paper while I slack here with 4 more to go.
FYI: I wrote this two days ago at the library (hadn’t posted it earlier because I didn’t want to be blogging instead of studying, but erm that obviously didn’t work) only the last part is fresh and I’m going to post it now!
btw,i just signed up for the new beta blogger thing.it sucks!now i have to confirm my password twice.how is it a new and improved blogger?
Technically, the level of conduciveness of the campus libraries should make up for the tuition fee (a lofty sum i say) my parents pay, right?
I’m sorry to say that the very public, FOC and affiliation-free state library beats any campus library hands down.
The high, slightly dome-shaped ceiling opens up the study area at the state library while the claustrophobic cubicles at the LRC makes me feel like punching anyone that starts whispering or flipping their papers furiously. Although I myself am guilty of that.
The soft sun rays pierce through the semi-transparent frosted glass panes that make up the middle of the gigantic ceiling, lighting up the entire area. I don’t even mind when the sunlight dims and lights up again when a cloud passes by. It feels like someone meddling with the switch to adjust the intensity of a fluorescent light.
I like how the rows of tables are connected but the person next to you can have a million books sprea out, but still not cross your personal space.
I don’t even feel that the other person is starring at my concentrated prune-of-a-face, my eyebrows contracted to form a frown.
I don’t even mind the constant clacking of heels of non-rubber soles on the parquet floor. It reverberates off the ceiling and walls into a soft, distant presence. So I know I’m not alone. It’s like when you don’t want to be distracted by a friend or any noise they make but this is okay because most likely you won’t be dying to talk to a stranger that just wants to browse through some books at the public library.
I think all that cramping (4 subjects) has gotten to me. Even the library can make me go on and on…
But today, the day before all hell breaks lose (15th,16th,20th,21st), I’m at the law library aka the LRC (which I thought meant library reading corner when mel messaged me) with the supertoot, smelly and sanne where all 3 are studying harder for their LAST AND FINAL paper while I slack here with 4 more to go.
FYI: I wrote this two days ago at the library (hadn’t posted it earlier because I didn’t want to be blogging instead of studying, but erm that obviously didn’t work) only the last part is fresh and I’m going to post it now!
btw,i just signed up for the new beta blogger thing.it sucks!now i have to confirm my password twice.how is it a new and improved blogger?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home